In Person Class
1/22/20, 1/24/20, 1/29/20, 1/31/20
Tuesdays & Thursdays
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Lean Enterprise (Healthcare) Certificate
This training program is designed to teach participants Lean principles and tools to allow them to become functionally competent. Students receive a certificate of completion, in-class simulations, case studies, exercises. Students interested in the healthcare field work together on related healthcare field cases in the same class.
This training program is designed to teach participants Lean principles and tools to allow them to become functionally competent in the practice of applying Lean (Toyota Production System) principles, methods, and tools to healthcare processes to improve performance in patient safety, access, productivity, cost, and employee engagement. This program promotes these objectives through a “learn by doing” approach as participants are required to complete an applied project as part of the program.
- To provide a sound understanding of the basic problem-solving approach and operational model of Lean operating systems.
- To describe and demonstrate the principles, tools and methodology used in Lean process design & improvement.
- To provide a method for structuring disciplined process improvement projects within an organization.
The program will include in-class exercises, real life case studies and practice with tools. Topics include:
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Improvement Cycle & Kaizen
- A3 Thinking
- Eight Wastes & Lean “Rules-in-Use”
- Value Stream Mapping & Process Mapping
- Standardized Work
- Workplace Organization (5S) & Visual Management
- Level Loading
- Continuous Flow & Facility Layout
- Pull Systems
- Mistake-Proofing & Zone Control
- Improvement Kata
Who Should Enroll
Healthcare Operations Professionals; Clinical Staff; Administrative Staff; Process Improvement Practitioners would all benefit from this program.
Mr. David Stec
David’s professional career includes 28 years experience in manufacturing and healthcare complemented with 16 years of Graduate-level teaching experience at Central Connecticut State University and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is the founder and principal of Vizibility LLC, a management consulting firm, focused on the design & implementation of Lean Process Improvement Systems in manufacturing and service industries. David has held Director-level positions in Operations, Process Improvement, and Supply Management for Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, Clinical Laboratory Partners, and United Technologies Pratt & Whitney. He is co-author of the Shingo-prize winning book, Better Thinking, Better Results, and has numerous peer-reviewed publications. David has a MBA & MSME from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a MS in Management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and a BSME from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.