Technology and Workforce Development
Business & Essential Skills
Root Cause – Corrective Action
Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action is a process for finding the true cause(s) of events, identifying and implementing corrective actions. This training will include tools for effective problem solving, FMEA & PFMEA, and application in various industries: medical, aerospace, automotive, & more!
Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action is a process for finding the true cause(s) of events identifying and implementing corrective actions. This training will include tools for effective problem solving, FMEA & PFMEA, and application in various industries: medical, aerospace, automotive, & more!
• Define Corrective/Preventive Action – Root Cause
• How to implement a system for a more effective QMS
• 8D, root cause analysis process to solve problems
• Workshops for actual problem solving
• Analysis of CAR/PAR for management review
• Tools used for effective CAR/PAR’s
• Fishbone, 5 Why and Pareto Analysis, other tools
• How CAR/PAR are used in ISO 9001/AS 9100/ISO 13485 QMS systems
• Differences of CAR’s/PAR’s for aerospace, medical, general industry
• Problem solving techniques
• Background of FMEA
• Tools using FMEA
• Who is involved in FMEA process
• How to construct a FMEA and use in design
• PFMEA process for manufacturing
• AIAG application
• Applicability for different industries such as medical, aerospace, automotive and FMEA benefits
Who Should Enroll
Anyone interested in learning more about root cause analysis. No prior experience required.
Great examples and exercises.
Presented both reactive and proactive approaches.
**This class will be held online. When we have approval to host in-person classes again, we will host this class on campus.**
CCSU Downtown Campus, 185 Main Street, New Britain, CT 06051
Schedule, Costs & Contact
Online option: four half-days
Monday – Thursday
January 11, 12, 13, 14
12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Classroom option: two days
Wednesday & Thursday
May 19 & 20
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Lunch is provided.
Contact: Christa Sterling; email@example.com; 860-832-2277
If you are a CT manufacturing company with less than 2,000 employees, not receiving other funding, you may qualify for 50% funding by the CT Dept. of Labor for eligible classes. Complete the DOL Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval prior to registering.
Mr. Joseph DeCarlo
Joseph DeCarlo is a senior executive with over 30 years of experience in quality, sales, business development, marketing, and operations. He has helped organizations identify and capitalized on market opportunities to build revenue, presenting over 2500 training & consulting sessions at all levels of an organization. He has implemented and provided consulting support for Quality Management Systems for 100’s of organizations and trained over 15,000 individuals. He is a registered Lead Auditor with the RABQSA and a past chairman of the ASQ. He has lectured at Harvard University, Northeastern University, Columbia University, CCSU and Fordham University.