Technology and Workforce Development
Business & Essential Skills
SHRM Preparation HR Certification Course On Campus
CCSU is an Approved SHRM Educational Provider.
HR professionals like you are facing new and larger challenges each day due in part to a changing workforce, shifting legislation and regulations and so much more. Ensure you’re prepared for these changes, and anything else thrown your way with SHRM’s global HR credentials, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.
Our course combines expert instruction with the newly updated 2019 SHRM Learning System to offer a comprehensive and effective way to prepare for success on your SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams. You’ll also:
- Gain one-on-one guidance to help you comprehend and learn to apply your new HR knowledge.
- Engage with a proven with the 2019 Learning System that dynamically adjust to students’ interaction.
- Acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies you need to prepare to pass the exam.
- Network and collaborate with peers to share real-life examples and bring HR knowledge and competencies to life.
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support.
SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™)
As the leading advocate for HR professionals worldwide, SHRM conducted an intensive study that included employers, academics and practicing HR professionals at all levels. This research helped to define the competencies and knowledge relevant to today’s HR professional. Through these efforts, a clear picture emerged of what is necessary for HR professionals to become future leaders.
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications are built upon the SHRM BoCK, which is more than an exam outline. It defines the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required for effective HR professionals around the world.
To maintain this industry-leading level of excellence and relevancy, SHRM brought together some of the best minds in the HR profession to define 8 behavioral competencies and 15 functional areas that every HR professional should know.
The 2019 SHRM Learning System delivers the most comprehensive, flexible and effective SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exam preparation. Designed using a proven approach for teaching adult learners, this system helps you understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR Knowledge. Online learning modules, based on the SHRM BoCK, and interactive study tools, are incorporated into the study process to test your knowledge and decision making skills. here’s no better way to successfully prepare for the SHRM certification exams.
Study with learning modules that provide an in-depth exploration of the knowledge domains and behavioral competencies tested on the SHRM exams.
MODULE // HR COMPETENCIES
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
MODULE // PEOPLE
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
MODULE // ORGANIZATION
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
MODULE // WORKPLACE
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- S. Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. Only)
- Focused, Topic-level Learning
- Focus on one small topic segment at a time to ensure you have a clear understanding and can apply the concept quickly and easily on the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exams and in your day-today HR responsibilities. Related resources provide opportunities to explore the topic in greater depth.
- Real-time Knowledge Gap Analysis
- Utilize real-time results and detailed feedback from your learning progress and quiz scores to guide your study priorities and reach your goal more efficiently.
- Resources to Boost Exam Confidence
- Take advantage of flashcards, real-world HR knowledge and competency connections, test-taking tips and more to make sure you’re ready for your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Practice Questions to Test Your Knowledge
- Maximize your chances of exam success with an initial assessment to get you on your way, quizzes to test comprehension throughout and a post-test to make sure you’re ready for the exam.
4 Steps to SHRM Certification
- Determine your eligibility.
- Apply for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Prepare for the certification exam with expert guidance from CCSU instructors.
- Take the exam and leverage your certification.
For complete certification details, visit shrmcertification.org
Register now. Classes fill quickly, don’t miss your spot!
Don’t delay your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preparations. Now is the time to distinguish yourself from your peers by enhancing your knowledge and earning your credentials. It’s easy to register:
Have questions? Contact us today.
Judy Ratcliffe | JRatcliffe@ccsu.edu | 860-832-2276
SHRM recognizes diversity in the HR profession. Regardless of your job title, geographic location, industry or organization size, if you perform HR duties, you have the opportunity to become certified. Additionally, the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams are affordable, making certification attainable for more professionals.
To be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application.
For details on eligibility requirements, visit shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Exam Schedule
Exam Testing Window
Who Should Enroll
Spring 2019 Class
The SHRM-SCP exam was a beast of a test. I’m honestly not sure I would have passed without attending the CCSU prep course prior to taking it. In class we thoroughly reviewed the material, but most helpful was the practice questions and exams and follow up discussions to really get a feel for what’s to come and why one answer was a better choice than another. Additionally, our instructor passed the exam as well and was able to provide firsthand tips for getting through it. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in taking either SHRM exam. Good luck! Erica , Spring 2019
I actually took the SHRM-CP exam in December and passed the first attempt! I couldn’t have done it without taking the prep course. Julie, Spring 2019
I did take the exam, and happily I passed! I have taken two traiing courses so far towards my recertification, so I am on my way! I hope to obtain my SHRM-SCP within the next year or two. Mary, Spring 2019
Central Connecticut State University
1615 Stanley Street
New Britain, CT 06053
Schedule, Costs & Contact
9/16/2020 – 12/9/2020
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Contact: Judy Ratcliffe; email@example.com; 860-832-2276.
Ms. Cathy Bruzon
Cathy Bruzon is a human resources professional with over twenty years of experience supporting all areas of human resources – talent acquisition, performance management, benefits and compensation, and employee relations. Cathy has worked in different industries including manufacturing, aerospace and nonprofits in small to large, global firms. Over the course of her career, she has acted as an advisor to senior leaders and led human resources teams.
Cathy is a member of the Human Resources Association of Central Connecticut and Society for Human Resource Management. Cathy brings passion to the position as a dedicated professional interested in helping other professionals advance in their careers.
Cathy holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and is a SHRM Certified Professional.